Friday, November 16, 2012

Messages

Many many moons ago, before Juantio and I were Mr. & Mrs., we took our living in sin to the next level and moved out of an apartment and into a house. It was a real house that I got to decorate and clean and maintain. Oy, the maintenance. Juanito fought those damn sprinklers like every weekend and we rarely had green grass to show for it. Anyways….

So it was like the first week that we had moved in, bright and early in the morning. The sun was barely starting to rise and of course Juanito was already gone to work. I woke up all groggy and saw plain as day a little boy standing at the foot of my bed. Scared the crap out of me. I buried myself in blankets and then peeked back out. Yep, he was still there. Little tow-head boy with a black tee shirt on that was obviously an adult size because it hung on him down to his feet. I called for Cass to get in bed with me, which of course she did. I cuddled her under the blankets and a few moments later checked the foot of the bed. He was gone. I remember that this was when we first moved in because we didn’t have our TV set up yet so I couldn’t turn it on to drowned out the fear. I was convinced that every time I woke up he would be there. But he never re-appeared so eventually the fear subsided and over time I completely forgot about him.

Fast forward through a wedding, some health scares, buying a house, fertility treatments and then pregnancy and giving birth and having a baby. As the The Boy grew and morphed from an infant to a baby to a bigger baby to a toddler, I realized how eerily he looks like the little boy that was at the foot of my bed. I have come to think that the little visitor was just a heads up of sorts. Just my guardian angels telling me “you’re gonna go through some crap but this is what is waiting for you on the other side.” It’s a good reward.

This morning while we were getting ready for the day, I walked out of our bathroom and The Boy was standing there watching the TV in our room. Standing at the foot of the bed, he was leaning on it and striking a very similar pose of that little boy. I have never seen or dreamt of that boy or any other children since that August morning. I do wonder if there is a companion for that little boy. Will there be another tow-headed little person in our house some day? I wish my guardian angels would tell me that.

No comments:

Post a Comment