Tuesday, August 14, 2012

This is Going Some Place....I swear

So yesterday at work I had a woman (who I speculated is drunk on a regular basis) came up to me, like within 4 inches of my face because she doesn't understand the socially acceptable distance between one person and another.  She comes up to me and slurs quite loudly, "Oooh my gawd you have grey!  I thought you were too young to have grey!"  Fact of the matter I started greying when I was like 18 years old and have been dying my hair ever since.  Further, this woman not only doesn't understand the necessary distance between people when talking, she also doesn't understand that you don't loudly call out some one's physical flaws.  To their face.  In front of people.  Its like point at the bag boy and saying "you have Down's!  You look so normal but then I got up close and realized you have Down's!"

Needless to say I busted out the box of root touch up when I got home and promptly fixed to the best of my ability the grey situation. Luckily, I had purchased a box on sale a few months back and it was hiding under my bathroom sink.   Attached to the box was a sample of Crest White Strips.  I was super excited because I've always wanted to try them but have been to chicken to spend the ungodly money and then have them not work.  Then the voice in my head that sounds like my Dad would say "I told you so.  Money is burning a hole in your pocket."  So I painted my roots, taped up my teeth and went out to finish watching Intervention.  

Side note....  I love A&E's Intervention.  I love to hear the stories of how the people fall into their additictions.  What drives people to these points and what it takes to actually make it out. Or not in one of these cases.  Oh and family dynamics....eesch!  All very interesting!

So anyways, I took a shower and washed out the grey (just like that commercial from the 80s) and then unstripped my teeth.  I thoroughly inspected them but didn't notice a difference.  I brushed my teeth and went to bed.  This morning when my alarm went off at 5:09 am, the first thing I noticed was that my teeth hurt.  Like crazy hurt.  Like I'm sitting here typing and I can feel my pulse in my teeth.  I just examined my teeth and the do appear slightly whiter and shiny.  I'm not winning any beauty pageants or anything but I'm kinda impressed.  In fact, depending on how long it takes for my pulse to recede from my canines I will probably do it again.  I might even break down and buy the box.  Pain is beauty right?

No comments:

Post a Comment