Friday, April 26, 2013

Me time

So the other day I saw that a "friend" on FB (and I use th "" because if its someone who is from high school and you haven't seen since perhaps graduation is it really a friend?)  posted how she joined a gym because she needs more "me-time."  I also have friends (real-life ones) who do little things now and then for themselves as a way to reinforce this mental state. 
I don't do this.  I can't imagine doing this.  Don't get me wrong, when friends mention the great yoga class they took, or I turn green with envy over some one's mani/pedi I don't think these are things I should do for myself.  I think I don't have time for that.  I think I don't have the money for that.  I think I would rather be with The Boy and Juanito. 

Funny though, I am always pushing Juanito to go and do something with his friends.  Get out, get away.  Come back to us happy and revived.  Why don't I think this way about myself.  I know this can circle back to my mom and how she was and still is.  I know that this is something I need to working towards rectifying.  Not sure how though....

What do you for your me-time?

No comments:

Post a Comment