I know its been a while and I am very sorry about that. Things have just, well, gotten busy and crazy and stressful and good and bad and all the other stuff. But here are some highlights that have been going on.
1. Big Boy Bed - that's right we got The Boy in a big boy bed. We went the route where we left his crib bed (without the side so its not really a crib nor a bed) in the room set up as normal in case he wasn't ready for the new bed. But from the moment we put bedding (that he picked out) on it he has been sleeping in his bed. This weekend we will probably break down the crib (sniff and wipe tear) and set up his room. I will then post pictures and everything.
2. Potty-training - My baby who could careless about the underwear or the potty or anything like that a few weeks ago now stands up to pee and requests "panties". Granted he needs a step stool and some times its easier to sit, but my baby is becoming a big boy and its happening so quickly. Luckily, he still shits his pants like an infant so there's that.
3. Work - holy hell its been rough few weeks. When I'm done with this deadline I will reflect and hopefully have some lessons-learned, but until then I keep taking hits like a champ and counting down the days. There is a light at the end of the tunnel.
4. Family - My cousin and his family were in town recently. It was kind of an unexpected visit and it was good. Really Good. It makes me wish we had more family around. But like my cousin said in response to the begging to extend their stay and be with family, it makes the time together that much more special when we don't spend that much time together. Touche.
5. We had an anniversary. Juanito and me. Seven years as man and wife and like 10 or something living together. We are both looking forward to our seven year itch and trading up.
6. Crazy-ass weather. I know I don't really have a fine appreciation for winter weather living in Arizona and all but seriously the whole climate-change thing is real and taking place here in the Valley of the Sun. We had snow and rain and freezing temperatures and 90 degree weather all in like 3 weeks. Anyways, just thought I would point that out.