Thursday, March 28, 2013

Holy Thursday Batman!

So today is Maudy Thursday, or Holy Thursday, Covenant Thursday, Great and Holy Thursday, Sheer Thursday and Thursday of Mysteries.  Its basically commemorates the Last Supper of Jesus.  For those who gave up ice cream and soda for Lent, this is also count down to Root Beer Floats on Easter.  Its a high holy day.


So I started off Lent pretty strong, having not had soda and ice cream for a while.  I really thought that it was be a bit easier than years past.  And it was.  Kinda.  But the past few weeks I have just craved like no body's business a little creamy, sweet treat before bed.  Also, I know water sustains life and all but seriously, Jimmy John's is not the same without my Cherry Coke. 

Needless to say I am very ready for Lent to be over.  I know that I didn't sacrifice my one and only son for all of humanity, but it felt like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment