Wednesday, April 4, 2012

what emo songs are made of....

Last night I had to run a late night errand, which had me driving around late(r) at night.  The Valley of the Sun has warmed to the point of orange blossoms invading every corner of the valley and the night air is refreshingly cool.  I was solo in my car with all the windows open (sunroof included) driving like I didn’t have a car seat in the back seat (‘cuz I didn’t) with the music blaring.  As I barreled down the freeway there was lightness to the moment, flight was imminent.  And instead of singing at the top of my lungs, which is how I normally roll, I sat back and felt the wind and the orange blossoms and momentum cleanse me, like a power washer.  I want to bottle the levity that I felt in those stolen moments because they have been few and far between these days.  I have never been so thankful for the bank night drop box being out of deposit envelopes forcing me to drive to other locations.  

No comments:

Post a Comment