Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Friends

I have some really great friends.  They are supportive and funny and smart and most of them are always there when I need them.  Some have been around of years and others only a short while.  We make a point of being there for each other.  I could go on and on like those emails that everyone gets (and sends, admit it!) but that's not the point of this post.

I wasted a lot of my youth and my 20s using my best friends as  a form of counseling.  But as I have grown up and actually started paying for my counseling I find that some of my so-called-friends are fair weather.  Some are selfish.  Some need therapy as much as I do. 

So how do you handle friends that aren't who we want them to be?  If we sit back and allow them to be who they really are, what do we do when we're suddenly not a part of who their life.

No comments:

Post a Comment