Sunday, June 6, 2010

Enjoy the Silence....

It's a quiet Sunday afternoon....for the most part.  I think my house is quiet, whispering would be the only form of talking permissible, but since everyone but me is napping that's not a problem.  There is the hum of the a/c which is a constant in the Valley of the Sun starting in like April/May and goes until October.  But that's the white noise of summer here, like crickets and cicadas are in other parts of the States.  The dryer is going so there is the muffled click and clack of little snaps and zippers from the baby clothes that are almost ready to be folded.  There is the rhythmic crank of the baby swing that will lull my baby to continue to sleep for hopefully another hour.  God bless the swing.  The occasional clicking my dog tow nails on the tile that is then followed by the grunts and groans of them finding a comfy spot to sleep....which is apparently my bed.

I have a hundred other things to be doing right now, but I'm tempted to join the dogs on my bed, while my husband naps on the couch.  Its not what I should do, but damn it feels good to be a gangsta.....

No comments:

Post a Comment