Tuesday, June 28, 2011

something about trees and forests......?

What is that old saying, can't see the forest for the trees or something?  When you can't see the bigger picture?  I think I have that problem.  I self-diagnosed myself.  Seriously I think I have this problem but in reverse.  Instead of seeing the finer details or the meaning of the finer details I see the big picture.  I am starting to think that because of this I'm misinterpreting the forest. I've been reading Wally Lamb's The Hour I First Believed and it is phenomenal!  I usually read to go to sleep but this book keeps me awake and I'm reading to all hours of the night.  A pager turner if there ever was one.  Anyways, I know that there is some deep hidden meaning in so many things he writes about but I seem to miss it.  I am loving the story and the characters and how the story is woven together for the reader but am afraid I am missing another layer that would make it that much better.  I also think this affliction, for lack of a better term, is hindering me in my daily life. Does this make sense?  Do you ever feel that there is more beyond your grasps?

No comments:

Post a Comment